Thursday, February 18, 2010

2/18/10


2nd: Current reading stragegy: SCHEMA. We've done a lot with schema over the past couple of weeks. This week, student groups have taken turns with a different step in the process of making a stop motion video. I've never done this before and was looking forward to trying it out with my students.

Group 1: Storyboard/collect ideas

Group 2: Find clipart/cut out

Group 3: Take the pics/move the pieces - this was today!

Group 4: Make the video/edit

SECONDS: I'm realizing it's hard to pick just one moment. Every group that I've worked with so far enjoyed the role they had in creating the final product. The reading intervention block is right before the students go to lunch and usually they can't wait to get to the cafe - I don't blame them - since I'm always hungry! But, each group didn't want to go to lunch, they wanted to keep on working on this project. Even the group that was cutting out the clipart wanted to keep on cutting! Today's group wanted to start editing. How wonderful is it when students are so engaged?  I've added the final video for reference - SCHEMA.



No comments:

Post a Comment